Tuesday 4 December 2012

'reclaiming our history'

This project is an investigation into the relevance of reclamation in modern design as a way of retaining history. I believe that it is vital to retain a sense of history within design. Too much of what surrounds us now is only temporary and will not withstand the test of time. If we have no emotional connection to the things around us then they become disposable. I aim to create work that will last like the items that they embody. I want to reclaim a sense of narrative within my work by using the reclaimed as a former for my designs. I often use glass to trap the ghosts of our past within my work. I plan to take this concept further and in turn evoke contemplation and add emotional value to my work. Here are a few initial explorations into the concept of containing history within modern design.


No comments:

Post a Comment